Fry Everywhere!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fry Everywhere!!

Well, this is a fine mess I've got myself into.  

Went to SA last week and came home to unexpected fry.  I instructed my part time fish keeper that my Yellow Lab was about to spit out her young and to keep  on eye on her and put her in the tank with her previous fry afterward so she can get a few good meals in her and fatten up a bit before returning to her regular tank.  That happened as expected.

On the way home from SA I called him because I was having unexpected company for the weekend and wanted to let him know in advance.  

At that time I was informed I had a bunch (not the phrase he used) of little somethings in my new/used 105 I have set up to put Discus in.  It seems the Giant Danios I put in there to start cycling the tank were so happy they spawned.  I took them out a couple of days later because of my Black Ghost emergency evacuation.   I thought the danio's may have been spawning but I figured between Busy Fin and the Bristlenose Pleco the eggs would not survive.  Guess I figured wrong, because sure enough, I have a bunch, looks like a couple of dozen or more, Danio fry happily swimming around in my planned Discus tank.  

As I don't have the time or space for yet another fry tank I have given them two choices:

1)  Stay where they are and be food for the Black Ghost and soon to be Discus
    2)  Move to the African tank and be food for the mean fish

I don't think they like either option.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Re: Fry Everywhere!!

Have you considered a plastic tub outdoors ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Hummm, haven't really considered that.  I also have four cats, three indoor/outdoor.  But I guess I could put a screen over them.  This is probably a really stupid question, but what if anything would I need to do for air and filtering?
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Your choise, a big tub with no filter
        or a small tub w/o one

I tend to prefer the cheap childrens waiding pools and or a fountain pump with a builtin filter.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
        X