aquarium gravel complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquarium gravel complaint

I got a new 46 gallon bowfront recently. I let my fiance pick out the gravel. He picked out the 'Frosty Black Pebbles' gravel by Estes. It was very pretty at first. I had to pick out some pieces of gravel that weren't ideal when I was washing the gravel out before I put it in the tank, they were the wrong color or were a different kind of gravel, but that's pretty normal with aquarium gravel. Anyways, about a month ago I was vacuuming the gravel (like always) and noticed an odd piece of gravel. I got it out of the tank and it was RUSTED! I went crazy on the aquarium and found 3 more pieces of rusted gravel. I was so mad that I had spent almost $30 for what I thought would be a quality product. I have written 3 emails and a snail mail and have yet to hear back from these people. I have since pulled out 2 more pieces of gravel that were rusted and will be pulling all the gravel from that aquarium as soon as I have the time. I have kept the rusted gravel on the off chance that these people get back to me. I hope that nobody else has these problems. I guess epoxy coated gravel isn't always safe. I have had epoxy coated gravel that wasn't Estes for the past 8 years and have never had a problem before. I guess you never know what you're gonna get with these products.

Re: aquarium gravel complaint

So the next question is did you find any bone fragments from the guy that was wearing that watch ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

LOL....

Dang Baker.  Your twisted...but I like it.

Ellen, never had this happen to me yet.  I'd be hoppin mad too.  I would have also hit up the store that I bought the gravel from.  They should pull it off the shelves.  Who knows, others could have reported this already.

I'm setting up some extra tanks, but I'm usually on a tight budget.  For gravel I bought two 25lb bags of Pea pebbles from Walmart.  About $2.50 a bag, these vary in size, but are usually smaller than a pea.  I am planning on washing them today.  They are not going to be show tanks, so they will work out fine.

Raul
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

lol...I just got it. Running a little slow today.

I'm on a tight budget too. BUT my fiance and I came to an agreement. He got a Charger and got me a bigger fishtank.   I win all around. So the tank and gravel were a present. Guess that's gonna turn into the drainage gravel for my potted plants. Awfully expensive drainage gravel. I think I'm gonna splurge and get the black sand that I've been eyeballing for awhile now...just as soon as finals are over    and I have time for that kind of thing...

Ellen

Oh yeah...in my container pond outside I got some marble chips for $4.00 for the bottom, it's super-pretty and super-cheap, and out there it doesn't matter that it hardens the water.  

Comment

Working...
        X