Earth Day Event at UTMB Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Day Event at UTMB Galveston

Hi folks, please stop by the table and say hi!

The HAS and HLA will have exhibits at the Earth Day event Friday, April 28,2006 at the Moody Medical Library Plaza from 10 am to 2 pm. There will be fish exhibits and information promoting the HAS, HLA, and HFB at our tables. Other exhibitors include non-profit organizations, recycling outreach programs, nature preservation societies, garden clubs, and community groups promoting earth-friendly activities such as wildlife conservation, keeping Texas beautiful, and community service programs.

From Ken Steblein:
    The physical address of the Earth Day event is the block on Market St. between 10th St. & 9th St.  If folks email me and I no they are coming there is a parking garage 3 blocks away I can give them the pass code to get in and a parking token to get out of the garage so the parking will be free.  Tell them to put something like fish table in the subject so that I can look for their emails.  thanks, ken  kensteblein@aol.com

Moody Medical Library Map

Re: Earth Day Event at UTMB Galveston

Earth day at UTMB Moody Medical Library Plaza was a blast. The weather was perfect, cloudy and cool with no rain. There was free stuff for non profit organizations ( HLA got a fax machine and lots of film cartridges. ), free food and bottled water, and most of all a lot of people haveing a lot of fun. We talked about our livebearers and handed out our fliers. There were a lot of teachers and young students there which I think is a good target audience for our club. There were quit a few exhibits and speakers but we stayed pretty much with the fish. Everyone was very friendly and the whole event was very enjoyable.

max

Comment

Wish I could have been there.
      Smokin_Cache
      Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
      Lets see what the imagination fruits.
      Check out my last tank

Comment

That is great. Way to represent the hobby! :emtthumbs:

Comment

We also brought some mosqueto larva and live black worms  and I was  supprises at how much attention the black worms drew.   Espically when I told them how small the fishhooks had to be.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

HAHAHA!!

Comment

Working...
            X