Mystery Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Fish

Hello, I guess I should start by saying a little about myself, first I'm a exotic freshwater ordamental fish Importer and distributer located out of Sanger Tx. I also raise a varity of ordamental fish as a side line hobby <I have a obsession with ordamental fish   > such as betta splenden, <main type I work with> Fp Misaje, Leapard Danio, betta Imbellis, and a few types of mystery snails <most notibly 'asolene spixi' or zebra snails> well resently My husband desided he wanted a comunity tank in the bed room <I'm rubbing off on him> I said sure and he went to the petstore to pick out his fish <he didnt like what I have> well he got a varity of tetras mainly. I was watching his tank and one type caught my eye this very beautiful <what I think is a tetra> fish with purple iridesence, it looks a lot like a pearl danio, or even a rice fish with iridesence. when I asked him what it was <I'm bad I didnt know what it was> he told me the petstore told him it was a green fire tetra, well I had never seen one and as I love a challenge I desided to take all of them out and start a breeding colony <I prefer egg layers because they are harder to breed> so I got on line to look up breeding methods for green fire tetras, I came across a photo of a green fire tetra and new with out doubt that is not what I Have <leave it to a petstore to get it worng> so now I'm at a loss to exactly what is I have in my fish room.  :? if anyone can help it would be just wonderfull.

P.S. the camara pulled up a green iridesence but it still does not look like a green fire tetra. the photo is not great but you can still get the idea
    Sallee\s Halfmoons and Deltas
    www.csbetta2.com

Re: Mystery Fish

Can you describe the color a little more? It appears to have red on its fins...is it real or a camera trick? It also looks like it's pink on the chest area and maybe has a red half circle on the eye (like a black neon?). I know iridescent fish are *really* hard to photograph, so maybe a description on this fish's color would help you get an identification. Also fishbase.org is a great place to look, if you have lots of time to wade around or an idea of what you're looking for.

Comment

it is a see through fish with purple iridesence, <more a silver see through> it does not have anything over the eye that is just my camera, there is no red in the fins it is litteraly a silver fish with purple iridesence, I must say its very striking though
      thanks

P.S. thanks for the link I will try that
      www.csbetta2.com

Comment

Thanks I found it, its a Acrobrycon  ipanquianus. I cant find any breeding info on it so I guess this project just got interesting  8)  I look forward to taking this challange head on.
        www.csbetta2.com

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like fun. Try to imitate its natural habitat and see if you can be the first to observe its breeding habits! :) Maybe the first to domestic breed..... :)

Comment

Working...
          X