Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Just stopping by to introduce myself. I live in Clear Lake and found this site on Craig's List. I am a beginner fish enthusiast. A little over a year ago we bought a small 5 gallon tank for my son and threw a betta and 2 african dwarf frogs in it. I never expected them to live, they were bought from wal-mart and we didnt do anything special to care for them. I decided since they were still alive I had better start pampering them a little. I recently purchased a 20 gallon tank with all the extras- filter, heater, etc. They are enjoying the tank, but I am still trying to decide what to put in there with them. I know I have to be careful since there isnt much a betta will get along with. Any suggestions?

*off to check out the site*
    Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Re: Hello

Welcome to the Houston Fish Box. Have fun. If you want the source code all you have to do is ask.

max

Comment

You really should read up on the African frogs.  They have very sensitive skin and were at one time used for pregnancy test (before rabbits).  Their skin does not tolerate rapid aeration well so you should avoid an air stone.   It's been a while since my wife kept them (science teacher) so sorry I can't give you more specifics.

A betta does well with small peaceful fish (cardnal tetras, white clouds, platties and corr catfish). Guppies tend to pester the betta (always looking for something to mate with).  You might want a few shrimp, O-cats or a dwarf plecostomus to control algie.  But avoid the chinese algie eaters.  The Betta will eat small snails.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Welcome to the box g33k! I just got my first beta a few weeks ago and it's going "swimmingly". I put an O-cat in with it and it's been great so far. However, it looks like a plain jane fish compared to what the Phreek has! I'm jealous.

Comment

Working...
        X