How do you take Fish Fotos ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take Fish Fotos ?

I thought it would be great to share secrets.
    How do you take your fish fotos ?

When I press the shutter button on my digital camera the camera hesitates about a second as it does some sort of calculations and then saves the picture.   Of course by that time the fish I want a picture of has moved out of the way.
    Well, I found out that if you push the button half way down it will do all the calculations and then when the fish is posing perefectly, I push the rest of the way down and get an instant picture.

When taking pictures of bettas, I place them in a acrilic beanny box (4"w x 4"d x 8"h) place 2 of them side by side and take their picture while they are flairing at each other.  I also use colored construction paper behind them to contrast with the fishes color and make him stand out more.

I usually use a flourescent lamp above the fish and an incandescent lamp behind my left sholder and take the picture without a flash because the flash bounces off the flat surface and reflect glare back into the camera.  But I am finding that the new metalic collors look better if you use a flash, so I have to angle the flat surface so that the flash does not bounce back into the picture.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: How do you take Fish Fotos ?

does your camera have an outlet for a sync cord?  If so you can get a seperate flash and mount it over the tank somehow.  about a year ago I saw a guy's website where he was modding hoods to mount an old vivitar flash into the hood itself.  End result it the tank looked like it was lit normally but the exposure was right.

Of course in photography that's a gripe about "point n' shoot" cameras in general.  You need to be able to open the shudder exactly when you push the button to catch the "decisive moment".  I'm glad to see your camera accomodates that.

Comment

Re: How do you take Fish Fotos ?

take a picture at a 45 Degree angel. this will let the flash light up the scene but also doesnt get the flash from the glass. You can also take a picture and light it up with paintshop pro or some other art programs.

Sit in front of the aquarium and take a picture looking up. See if that helps

Comment

Working...
      X