125 Gallon Tank With Sump Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125 Gallon Tank With Sump Setup

I am looking for suggestions on plumbing a sump. I have a 6ft tank which will soon have a 1" drain in the back of each end. I plan on circulating 700 to 1400 gph. The two pumps I plan to use have 1" inlets and 3/4" outlets. I found some black 1" hose in the pond maint. section at Home Depot that I am planning on using for the drains. I am looking for ideas on the return lines. I would like to spread the flow out as much as possible. At this point I am thinking of putting in two spray bars the full length between the overflow boxes top and bottom.
    I am also trying to find suppliers for;
    Foam filter for the pump suction pipes 1"id by 3 to 5"od by 8 to 12" long.
    3/8" and 1/4" acrylic sheet for building sump or some one who has an old tank for sale that will fit a 16 X 30 foot print. Although I can modify the stand some to make room for a longer sump if need be.

Walter I still need to come by and look at you setup and those fine fish.
    Smokin_Cache
    Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
    Lets see what the imagination fruits.
    Check out my last tank

Re: 125 Gallon Tank With Sump Setup

I just got throu bulding a acrylic bio box for my new wet\dry last sunday.
    Give me a call & I can tell you were to go to buy the acrylic sheets.
    I cant remember the name of the place but can tell you how to get there.

Walter
    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

@^&@%@
      Smokin_Cache
      Check out my last tank

Comment

Also I think I have decided to plan my tank with Discus in mind!!
        Smokin_Cache
        Check out my last tank

Comment

Discus sound like a great idea to me   .  But then, I'm kinda partial to them myself.  Walter helped me find a really nice 105 gal, an exact match to my 75 gal I might add, and I got it home last weekend.  Unfortunately, I work out of town and did not get a chance to do anything with it.  This weekend I will be at the beach house and the next weekend is Easter so I guess it'll be a May baby.  I did manage to get the black ColorQuartz that I intend to use for the substrate and have already ordered the rest of the extras I need/want.  An empty tank is surely a sad site  :( .

If you go with the Discus, have you picked a flavor yet?
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I seen a few at Walter's House!!! What some great fish he has. I have not got their names remembered yet.

Hopefully I can get my tank over to Aqua Zoo tomorrow so they can drill holes next week sometime. I still have to find a sump but I think I can figure someting out for that. Good luck!!
            Smokin_Cache
            Check out my last tank

Comment

Well Change in plans! I got one of the two pumps in last night. Not exactly what I wanted. So I ordered an Eheim 1260. Will order a second one later once everthing is up and running. The original pumps will make great transfer pumps. But the name is a little decieving "Quiet One" ain't so quiet. Looks more to be a pond pump.

Has anyone tried the moonlight lighting in a freashwater tank?

Hopefully I will be dropping the tank off today to bo drilled next week sometime.
              Smokin_Cache
              Check out my last tank

Comment

Yes, I've have moonlights on my 75 and really like them.  I don't know how the fish feel about it, but I like the quite, smooth look.  I have them set on a timer to come on about an hour before my other lights go out and turn on about and hour before my other lights turn on.  I would think you could leave them on all night if you preferred. I got mine off Ebay.  They are in a square tube and can sit right on top of your glass, no installation required.   There are several folks selling them, but I don't think all of them are as easily installed, or should I say, not installed.  If you'd like the sellers name, let me know.  I'll be getting another set for my 105 in the next few weeks.  I have seen them in the retail stores but haven't checked the prices lately.

Nancy

Comment

I actually order some LEDs yesterday to build my own set. I am going to try to install them in my existing lights.  How many lights and how long is the set you have now? I may have some of the LEDs left over, not sure yet. I am going to play with the number needed to get the brightness I want.
                  Smokin_Cache
                  Check out my last tank

Comment

Below is how mine are made.  It fits a 48" length and it seems to give just the right amount of light for my taste.  I think the total including shipping was around $56, (packed extremely well) but I did a buy it now instead of trying to bid.  I can get in a hurry sometimes  :wink: .

Light size:  two 23 1/4" X 3/4"=47 1/2" X 3/4" . LED spacing: 2"
                    LEDs: 24 pieces 5mm 6000mcd super bright. 470nm wavelength,extremely close to the natural moon light.
                    Power supply : Input 120 VAC with UL and CSA approval .

Comment

Mine is going to cost about that much without the light bar case!! Only differance I see is my LEDs are supposed to be 475nM, but who knows. You got a heck of a deal on them.
                      Smokin_Cache
                      Check out my last tank

Comment

You can order moon lights from this guy Trey. He lives in Crosby.
                        Choosing the right domain name can be overwhelming. Our personalized customer service helps you get a great domain.

I know him from a salt water site

Walter
                        Mod OF Marshreef

Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Nice looking light bar. Wish I would have search around a bit more before I ordered LEDs.

Well got the tank dropped off today. Those people at Aqua Zoo are extremely nice.
                          Smokin_Cache
                          Check out my last tank

Comment

Did you talk with Prosper at aqua zoo?
                            He is very helpful person.

Walter
                            Mod OF Marshreef

Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

They are nice people, well I only spoke with Shannon. I ordered 10 29g tanks. I will be asking yall for help with filtration when I have them setup. Those moonlights are nice. I might get me some for my 60g. Would adding 2 strip lights be better or just 1?

Comment

Working...
                              X