Safari-0406

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safari-0406

Raul ( rrocket 2002 ), Have you scouted out that apartment lake at I 45 & Fuqua St. yet? I see a gulf palms park pretty close and a park drive on the map. Are you going to get the permissions to fish there? Are we going to wait until after income tax time to go? How steep are the banks? What is the best way to fish it? Is it private or public property?

max

Re: Safari-0406

LOL....

Patience my good man, patience.

I'm going to scout by this weekend.  The name is Windmill Lakes.  It is near the intersection of Blackhawk blvd and Almeda Genoa rd.

More info soon to come.

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

Well I did what I said I was gonna do.  I scouted out a few lakes and Bayous this weekend.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Homeowners assoc., that manages Windmill lakes, to see if we can come to some sort of arrangement.   The lake is nice and there easy access to shore line, but alot of under water plant life.  Minnow traps would work best here, but not cast nets.

Next I scouted Burke/Crenshaw Park/lake.  Nice but from all the info I got on it, it only have catfish, bass and perch.

The next one I vote for....Amand Bayou Park located on Bay Area Blvd.  Plenty of water front and lots of small minnow size fish near the shoreline.  Sign reads beware of snakes and alligators...LOL  Lots of parking, tables and bathrooms are located near by.  Even have a short pier.

On the way to the Park, I spotted 3 vehicles as I passed a bridge on the Median.  At the next turnpike I turned and made my way back to where the cars were parked.  Lots of small minnow like fish there too.  Lots of access to shoreline.  This location is similiar to the Bayou we went to first on the last Safari.  I believe this is part of Amand Bayou.  

How about Sunday, April 23rd?  Amand Bayou?  Noon?

[/img]
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

I'm including a map.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Raul ( rrocket 2002 ), Good job.

max

Comment

thankyou sir, well done
            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Raul,

You did a great job looking for the next place to Safari, THANK YOU!

Is there still a fee to get in Armand Bayou Park...don't think it is much?  

April 23rd is one of the possible dates for the HAS auction.  My family can not commit at this time, but will make it if we can.  later, ken

Comment

I'd like to get in one one of these safaris.  They sound like a blast.  there's the problem of no transportation or equipment but if I can find a way there I'm sure I could invest in a minnow trap.

Comment

I see you're not on the map so I have to ask
                  where are you at ?
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I should be on the map.  Oh, well

I'm at 59 and bellaire, sharpstown mall area.

Comment

Sorry, youre correct it is on the map, I just missed it.

Unfortunately youre on the far side of houston from me.

Comment

Thanks everyone, just doing my part, I spent all Saturday with the family going from one lake or bayou to another.  

If this works for everyone, that's great.  If not, that is ok too.  I will follow the crowd if they have another location in mind.    :)

Ken/Mark,  There is no fee.  I simply drove in and parked.  There is a Amand nature center a mile down the road that charges a fee.  

As for the date, we could vote for a day.  What do yall think about April 22nd or 23rd.  Those are the best days that work for me.  Suggestions?

Charlie, you are on the other side of town from me too.    :(

Raul
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

Charlie you are on the other side of town from me too. Technically I do not have a car either. Luckily my better half does. I know there is another HLA member without a car. He is close to the bus route. How far are you from the bus route? Maybe you can find a location for the May safari close to the bus route. The plecostomus location near the University of Houston maybe on the bus route. You could hand out fliers on the bus if anyone noticed the traps bucket and fish lol. Hopefully someone not on the map will join the discussion this month.

max

Comment

I'm right on the 2 bellaire bus route from which I can usually transfer anywhere "in range", IE centrally located.  A lot of destinations are impractical even if they are on a bus route because trips often take 3 hours or more each way.

But that's ok.  I might see about going with a buddy of mine who I want to "recruit" to this board.

Comment

Here are some pics of fish from the Safari this month.

Pics are not top quality...sorry.

Can you all help confirm what these are?

Raul
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X