Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peeking in the door, it sure smells fishy in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeking in the door, it sure smells fishy in here!

Hello, just registered with your great new forum.  I landed here by clicking on a "Houston Fish Box" elsewhere.  Looked around, smelled something fishy and decided to join the fun.  I have recently returned to the "passion". as I prefer to call my interest.  I jumped back in with a 75 gal with African Cichlids.  I never had Africans before and sometimes wonder how I got talked into trying them.  They are quite interestesting, however I still cannot get my previous tank inhabitants, my Discus, out of my mind.  Soon, there will be room for another tank, meaning, I'm going to get rid of something so I can have my Discus  

Right off the bat I had a yellow lab holding and had to provide housing for the fry. So, as you can see, this is escalating rather quickly.  I may even have to turn my Ebay room into an Ebay/Fish room. :wink:

I'm a native Houstonian from the inner loop.  I also have four cats and one mostly Aussie Shepherd.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Re: Peeking in the door, it sure smells fishy in here!

Hey if you read this in time the HAS has a great discus speaker tonight at 7pm. The dinner/talk will be at the dixie dinner on I45 and Dixie farm road.:

I used to love the australian shepherds I had. By the way welcome to the Houston Fish Box. Don't peek in the door. Knock it down and come on in.

max

Comment

It's a little too late for me to make it this evening.  I recently rejoined the HAS but have not had any communication from them as of yet.  I'm currently working in San Antonio Tuesday thru Friday so my weekends are pretty full just trying to keep things here at home going.  

Thanks for the heads up on the speaker.  I would really have liked to go.  Things have really changed since I was last in the hobby.  There are so many new toys to make it soooo much easier.

Comment

The HAS has had a lot on its plate with the March meeting and elections. I bet you will hear from them soon. Anyone could have gone to the meeting without being a member. The discus speaker Harold Beck was great. Sorry you could not make it.

How long has it been since your were last in the hobby? If you are refering to all the information on the internet wow isn't it marvelous?

max

Comment

I've been out of the hobby for about 12 years or more.  I've had fish, all my life.  My Dad used to have our garage lined with tanks and one in my room (the only room in the house he could talk my Mom into letting him have one in   ) He was a guppy/livebear person.  My preference has alway been Angels and Discus.  

I really wish I could have made the meeting.  I already had an evening full of activities and just couldn't fit it in.  The last HAS meeting I went to was at the Zoo, so my active participation is really rusty.  I came down with a really serious case of fi****is last fall and finally gave in to my addiction, err passion.  I ended up with the Africans by default.  The person I got the used tank from had a bunch of Frontosa and Yellow Lab fry she basically gave me along with some other assorted Africans.

Maybe I should contact HAS, I filled out the online form and paid thru my bank bill pay.  If I don't hear from them soon I'll try to recontact.

Comment

"...it sure smells fishy in here!"

I'm sorry.  I'll get that cleaned up.

Comment

Don't bother I think we like that fishy smell.

I had guppies when I was a boy and quit when I started college. I got started back in mostly guppies three or four years ago. It is unfinished business.

max

Comment

Oops, I left my minnow trap with the crawish heads in my van overnight
                'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Hello szidlon I have a aussie also.
                  By the way I think the smell is a dead guppy under the carpet 8O  charlie that looks like a mess do you need help cleaning it up?:)

Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X