New mapping system added - You can plot your location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mapping system added - You can plot your location

Hi folks, I've added a neat little tool to the website(I think it's neat anyway). You can plot your location on a map of Houston. Mine is up there already and you should be able to see it. To get there, go to the homepage and look at the Main menu on the left. Click the "Main" category, then click "Map of Members" Follow the instructions at the top. Let me know what you think. ken

Re: New mapping system added - Plot your location

Thats really great.

Can we do another one for local fish stores?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Great idea and to add fish stores would be useful.

Comment

That's my intention, but it's programatically difficult. I need to do more research/study. I would like to have different color pins for members and stores.

Comment

I want to map the safari with a different kind of pin and remove it after the event.

max

Comment

If the Houston Fish Box grows by 30-50 members per month the map is going to get crowded pretty quick. Could we have maps for members, stores and events?

max

Comment

Re: New mapping system added - You can plot your location

I was feeling bad about being so far from the rest of you guys....
              and then I backed the map out and found "pigman's" map pin in Ohio.
              Way to go pigman !   Don't forget to say Howdy the next time you drop by.

Doing any ice fishing these days ?  :bswsup:
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Re: New mapping system added - You can plot your location

Ha! It's actually getting nice here again. Would still be freezing for you Texans though :)

Comment

Working...
                X