Fish Room Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Room Pics

As promised, here are a couple pics of my fish room.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: Fish Room Pics

Very cool. I've seen it in person.

Comment

I have too but its great to let everyone see it here. He has some nice larger tanks in the house too. One of them has some very nice rock work. Good job Scott.

max

Comment

If anyone has any of these blue tanks, I am looking for more of them. They are the ones that came from the petco when they remodeled.
        Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Have no idea what is different but tonight I can see the pictures.

I am concerned..... if you can keep so many tanks so sparkling clean, how do you ever have time to have a life ?
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Impressive!
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

Thats pretty cool. Is it a guarage or some special addition to the house?

Comment

My fish room is a 3 car garage. If I can ever figure out what to do with all the junk in there I can triple the size of the fish room.

Comment

I'm very jealous of you guys that have full size fish rooms.  Best I can manage is a bedroom/study/fishroom with about six tanks.

But it is very "zen" in my room.  :)

Comment

This is the 75 I just sold before I moved. (not enought room in the new house.
                    I built the double stand (holds 2-15g tanks below) 36" tall because I like the fish at eye level.
                    The canopy is also home made with 2 - 300w metalhalide lights
                    hiding in the back is a Fluval 403 canaster filter and a multi color underwater
                    light that shines through the holes in the center rock.
                    The gravel is a combination of crushed coral and white limestone.
                    By the time I took this all my africans were gone and it was temporary housing
                    for a female oscar and a school of Jack Dempsies that I bought at the last HAS auction.  
                    She thought she was a mom.

This tank was in the livingroom and off on the left side you can see a 40 hex in the master
                    bedroom and a 29 in the master bath.
                    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Here are a couple pics of one of the 125's in the living room.

Comment

sweet scott,

cant wait to go by your place one of these days.

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Well, I finally did it. I went out and got the lumber for the first of many racks. This has been a long talked about project which didnt seem to ever get anywhere. As it happens, the wife finally turned loose of the check book just long enough for me to make a dash to Lowes. under the auspices of looking at gardening supplies, I just happened to wander thru the lumber section and filled a trolley with the neccessary materials. Now that the first rack is built and the wife is pleasantly surprised, I think it just may be a little bit easier to convince her I need to build about 7 more, hehe. Altho this was a pretty major undertaking, what with the construction, the relocating of tanks, and the subsequent cleanup, I think it was well worth the effort. 14 hours start to finish and this is what I wound up with.

Comment

That looks fantastic Scott. I can't wait to see it in person at the next meeting of the LHA.

max

Comment

Working...
                              X