Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safari

I have been told that the following location is an excellent location to catch wild plecostomus humongus and Texas Chiclids, also perch and other locals.

Hunting Bayou in Jacinto City
    South side of I-10
    Between Normandy & Mercury

Is anyone interested in organizing a safari ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: Safari

Sign me up.

max

Comment

Me and my dad will probably go. We have a huge drag net we can use (like the ones behind fishing boats).
      sounds like fun.
      Mark & Ken.

Comment

well sounds like a good group
        would you prefer a weekday, day or evening or a weekend or some holiday?

Does everyone have a fishing licence?

I have a casting net and a minnow trap.

does anyone live close enough to do a recon on the area ??
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

So far its all HLA members. Why don't you post it under Houston Livebearers Association and call it the March or April HLA safari. Invite everyone and make it a calendar event.

I am pretty flexible so do the schedule with ken/mark. Pick a comfortable place to meet. I need a license. All I have is two minnow traps. I  do not know what the recon entails but I am close enough to do it so give me instructions.

max

Comment

I think we would be better prepaired if you could locate the bayou.
            find some place we could park with easy public access to the water, Possably a boat ramp or a bank we could work from that isn't going to irritate the locals.  (don't want to tromp through someone's back yard without permission.

Would you rather bring a picnic lunch and visit on the bayou or wait till we pack up and have a debriefing at a local restraunt ?

Comment

Do we just need a regular fishin lincence or some special one? My dad will need one but i don't becouse I am underage.I'm pretty shur we can get a licence at Wal-Mart. I will have to talk with my dad more but a weakend is probably best.
              We have a cast net (or 2) that we could also use and then our big nets for tubbing.
              My brothers are thinking about going to, just for the thrill of the hunt.

Comment

I have secured enough permissions to do it but I want to try to reserve another little park with restrooms and I think I need to know when to make the reservation.

max

Comment

I believe if it is in a state park licences are not required.  But I have had herd that a regular fishing licence is required

We can check with Prosper on licence requirements at our meeting

Comment

Dont get eaten by an alligator  :silenced: . lol. There was a huge alligator in that bayou but don't worry it was a couple years back and now gone, hopefully. I used to go to that bayou a lot with my brother and friends when I was a kid. Since I live less than 5 minutes away, think I might go check it out see if I can get me some plecos.

Comment

Safari-day will be Sunday March 19.  
                      We will rendezvous in the Discount Tire Company parking lot at noon.  Thats on the east bound feeder south of I-10 between Federal and Holland Ave.

Please park close to the highway away from the store.
                      Bring picnic food, drink, hat and sunscreen.

Anyone got a recipe for gator?

Anyone is welcom but please RSVP so we know if we have to wait for a late arrival.
                      posting cell phone # will help - mine is 409-392-6616

Comment

I am really looking forward to it. Jose are you going to show us the best spot to catch fish? I still have to get a license.

max

Comment

Hey, I-10 E and Federal/Holland, that's relative close to me.  What time are yall looking at?  Did anyone determine if you need a license?  

What kind of equipment, net or trap, that I would need?  I'm ignorant on this part.  Is there anyone going that can use some help in exchange for a share of the catch?

Rrocket(Raul)

713-638-2849
                          Raul
                          PokerFace

Comment

12 noon Sunday March 19. You need a license. Do you have a minnow trap or cast net? We are all friends going fishing together. Everyone is welcome.

max

Comment

OK.  

No, I don't have either.  But I am trying to borrow one or both.

Rrocket(Raul)
                              Raul
                              PokerFace

Comment

Working...
                              X