Looking for a Sodium Thiosulfate source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Sodium Thiosulfate source

Does anyone have a good source for Sodium Thiosulfate? (Sodium Thiosulfate is the chemical name for "dechlorinator.") I have a friend who does water changes on a very large pond. He would like to find a more economical way to dechlorinate the water. Letting the fresh water stand for a few days is out of the question since he replaces 500 to 1,000 gallons at a time. Please let me know.

Thanks, Dave
    TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ... was never a question!

Re: Looking for a Sodium Thiosulfate source

click here to make your own zip drops

the Chemestry Store

sodium thiosulfate at Aquatic Eco-systems

I have some
    I use it - works great on chlorinated water
    but if your water company has upgraded to using chlorimines you will need to do more testing & treating.  or just go with Amquel

Amquel plus at Aquatic Eco-systems
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I use it to halt the decapsulation process when I am getting ready to hatch Brine Shrimp. It works better than vinegar.

max

Comment

PhishPhreek - Thanks for the Links, very helpful. Dave
        TO BE, OR NOT TO BE ... was never a question!

Comment

Jerry - good to hear from you
          Even Yankies are welcome on the Houston Fish Box
          I got your envelope yesterday and
          your sample is in the mail.
          Contact me if you have any questions.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
            Jerry - good to hear from you
            Even Yankies are welcome on the Houston Fish Box
            I got your envelope yesterday and
            your sample is in the mail.
            Contact me if you have any questions.
            [looking around for "Jerry"] Jerry? [not seeing a Jerry] [shrugging shoulders] :crazy:

It's ok phishphreek, we take all kinds here.  

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X