Good price for a new 180g fish tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price for a new 180g fish tank

Hi everyone, I've recently been contemplating whether or not to get a fish tank from www.glasscages.com but have some doubts about quality.  I would also have to wait until this upcoming September when they travel here to Houston and if so I can pay just 80 dollars for shipping a 180g tank which is itself $400 but with no glass tops or lighting.  I actually am looking to get the tank by this summer as my current stock of New World Cichlids will soon outgrow the 120, 58, and 55 gallon tanks.  I'm afraid to ask any local fish stores b/c all I see are overpriced tanks, for example a 125g Universal brand tank/top/light for a little over $519 is ridiculous when Petsmart has both a 125g for 329.99 and a 150g for 499.99 both with tank/tops/light also and a better brand I might add.  And so what I did was search online for fish stores across the nation for pricing on All-Glass and Perfecto 180g tanks and average price is about $650.  If I can get that price anywhere in Houston I'm jumping on it so if any of you guys know of a good place to go to for a fair price ( not super cheap ) but a fair honest non-ripoff price around the ballpark of $650 hook me up with the store name please.

James

Re: Good price for a new 180g fish tank

You might want to try Fish-R-Us on 242. Jason can usually make you a pretty decent deal, I'm not saying he will give it away, but he can at the very least remain competetive on most things. This is one of my favorite stores due to the knowledge base of the staff. For me, thats a bigger seller than the merchandise.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Check AquaZoo 281.286.2238.  If it doesn't work out there, try City Pets.
      If people concentrated on the really important things in life,
      there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Always interested in trading Tangs!

Comment

I appreciate you guys giving me some stores to call. I don't know if I should call them now or when summer approaches.  If I call now I still can't buy right away, but maybe I'll go ahead and do it anyway it won't hurt me any.

Comment

I just price shopped and ended up buying from City Pets. They were the chapest by far when looking at 46 Bowfront tanks. They also got me a glass top for free because the plastic one on the display had a broken hinge.

Comment

hey let me know what you find out i am looking for a 125 to 200 gallon tank.
            thanks alot,
            alan

Comment

If any one needs a 200 gallon stand. I will be having one for sale.
              Its 7' long by 24" wide & 24" tall.

Walter
              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

hey guys i just called aquazoo and they told me....are you ready.....unless i misunderstood....they have a 168 gallon rectangal w/ curved front 2 corners with tops and stands for $475.....i am gonna go down there on friday and check it out.....sounds like the deal of the day to me......unless there is something i am missing.....someone else check it out and let me know and they said it is new and have in stock all the time.
                thanks alan

Comment

The reason they are cheap because it is not  name brand. They get their tanks made locally. But hey if you are like me, if it holds water then thats fine with me. Most likely stand is particle board.  I just bought some tanks from Aquazoo(picking up this weekend), and i'll be buying many more in the future.

Comment

My tank is at aquazoo getting drilled as we speak. Very nice people. Seem very down to earth and honest.
                    Smokin_Cache
                    Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                    Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                    Check out my last tank

Comment

I have a friend on the market for a tank like that. I have not seen the quality but Jose mentioned (particle board) for the stand. If that is the case I'd be careful as to he weight you put in the tank. Maybe ok for FW but if you ever caught the SW bug and had to add an additional 300lbs of LR (Live Rock) or your stand ever got wet it may not hold together.

I have had many many tanks and it is my experience the you definatley NEED a solid base, the tank will shift around enough on its own. If the stand is made of PB than I'd question the quality of the tank.

By the way "Thanks to Jose for the hook-up on finding Harley a new home"

Just my 2 cents

Comment

where is aqua zoo
                        Tropheus Elitist Maximus
                        150 Troph & Petro mix Link
                        ** P.Trewavasae P.F.Chimba P.M.green **
                        ** T.Zongwe**

150 Tropheus Moorii "Murago" Link

Comment

Aqua Zoo stands are not partical board, solid wood. They look great.
                          Smokin_Cache
                          Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                          Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                          Check out my last tank

Comment

AquaZoo had a 75 & a 120 g on display at the Has auction today.
                            the stands were 30" high  1x pine with dark woodstain.
                            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                            X