Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red spots on yellow lab

hi guys,

yellow lab has developed red spots or sores on side of mouth and body.  how should i treat this.

Re: red spots on yellow lab

Usually red spotting is indicative of a bacterial infection. Check your water quality and do a water change. Poor water quality can weaken the excellent immune system of fish, but is not always the cause of the illness. Here is a good article about some common illnesses. http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/...sick_fish.html

Comment

great article,

thanks

Comment

So looking down the side of the body these spots do not protrude from the body like parasites? You said sores so I assume the answer is no.

max

Comment

max,

no they don't protrude from body

someone suggested pimafix on a different website

anyone ever used this and had success?

omar

Comment

Poor water quality could be caused by overstocking, over feeding, not chainging the water often enough, or poor "filtration". There should be some sort of biological filter in your tank. The LHA are going to be making sponge filters at their next meeting. I would suggest changing thirty percent of the water every two weeks. I would not feed more than the fish eat in five minutes. If some food is left over after five minutes that's too much food. Tell us more about the tank and its contents. Type, size, and numbers of fish, tank capacity, and filtration. I may not be familiar with your fish or filters so we may need some help here. I am mostly a guppy guy.

max

Comment

yes I second the bacterial infection. Ulser Disease? Could be parisites or from flashing against a rock or such. Would check water states, Ammonia, Nitrites, PH and Nitrates. Then use a salt treatment.

This a good article....http://www.koivet.com/html/glossary/...egory=Symptoms

Comment

Working...
              X