Hi everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody!

Name's Rob, I've been keeping freshwater aquariums for almost 3 years now, and I am currently running a healthy 29 gallon, who's only losses so far have been 3 pictus cats who got to greedy with algae wafers one night.

Re: Hi everybody!

Hi Rob! Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

Comment

Welcome. The avatar looks like the jetties at Galveston. Is that a "stock" photo or yours?

max

Comment

Originally posted by guppymax";p="
        Welcome. The avatar looks like the jetties at Galveston. Is that a "stock" photo or yours?

max
        yes it is I can send it your way if you like, however I don't believe it's the jetties

Comment

I just figured out that I could upload and image for an avitar when I saw your image. Thank you.

max

Comment

My Melanochromis auratus ate a lot of duckweed pulp today. I posted "soup anyone" under general freshwater. They were slow to find it but then they ate it all at once. Do you think it could hurt them like too many algae wafers?

max

Comment

Rob sorry for hijacking your thread.
              Guppymax I would like to visit with you someday as I live by I10 & 610 on the East side. I not know anyone else lived out this way thats into freshwater.

Walter
              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Walter, there are quite a few of us in the near area. If you are looking to meet a few of us, feel free to join us on the 3rd for the club meeting in Huffman. If you are interested let me know and I can get you the directions to the meeting. We have members who raise just about everything, Max with his guppies, Jerry has Angels, I do Africans, and to a lesser extent now South Americans, Mike has Africans as well. This is a great group, with no club dues to worry about. Our emphasis is on BS'ing, and I am starting to introduce some DIY projects for those who may be interested. The biggest focus we have is just getting together and having a good time.
                Scott
                BTW, this is an open invite for anyone else in the area who may be interested in seeing who and what LHA is all about, drop me a line at sgoddard@nctv.com
                Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Originally posted by guppymax";p="
                  My Melanochromis auratus ate a lot of duckweed pulp today. I posted "soup anyone" under general freshwater. They were slow to find it but then they ate it all at once. Do you think it could hurt them like too many algae wafers?

max
                  I don't think the pulp would have the same effect as the wafers did, the wafers tend to swell once they're in the water from soaking it in, where as the pulp shouldn't

Comment

ROB281, Thank you.

wvgdiscus, I will be at the next LHA meeting with more local fresh water aquariest in Huffman. If you would like to visit me in Crosby you can email me to set it up at: guppymax@msn.com or just pm me.

max

Comment

Working...
                    X