Kind of fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of fish

What kind of fish are you keeping (primarly)?  Gauging interests.

Re: Kind of fish

I have Mbunas, Kenyis and one Venustus in one 75g tank, soon to be upgraded to 125g.  Another 75g has Texas Cichlids, Jack Dempseys and a lonley Salvini.  My new endevor is a 90g SW FOWLR tank, that has been up and running since December.

Oh.. not a fish.. but I love her.. Jolly, my Giant Schnauzer.

Comment

I have several types of africans.

Comment

You guessed it: guppies.

max

Comment

Freshwater angelfish for about 15 years.

Becky
          A wise man once said........"I don't know".

Comment

Discus 12 years.
            View my fishroom.  http://www.gulfcoastdiscus.com/fishroom.html
            Visit Houston Aquarium Warehouse in Stafford Texas 77477
            www.houstonaquariumwarehouse.com

Comment

1 Texas Cichlid, 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Green Severum, 3 Gold Severums, 1 Firemouth, 5 Blood Parrots, 1 King Kong Parrot, 2 Clown loaches, 3 Giant Danios, 1 Rubber lipped Pleco, and 1 Kribensis.

BTW I just recently became obsessed with Texas Cichlids, especially ones with a nuchal hump and long fins.  Unfortunately mine is a killer so he has to be put with the big King Kong.  Even though he's three times smaller he holds his own against the big guy.  My two favorites though are my blood parrots and severums.  Just incase anyone here is one of those highly anti-hybrid people, all I can say really is sorry and that I still like bps. I like them so much I refused to leave town during Rita while the rest of my family headed to Dallas and theyre alive today b/c of me.  Yep, so thats my fish list.

Comment

Mostly garden variety community fish.  Started with livebearers...platies, mollies, the occasional guppie and a species tank of endler's.  about three bettas, one a really spiffy crowntail.  A dwarf Gourami (name "stewie") that ended up in the endler's tank (so I guess it's not technicly a species tank anymore).  neons, glow-lites, some angels and the odd pleco to round things out.

Also have a couple of dwarf puffers who've outlived their tankmates and currently are in a 3 gallon "retirement home"

Comment

a little bit of everything and a lot of Bettas

Bettas, Bettas, Bettas
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Wow, that red half-moon is AWESOME!!!

Comment

Thankyou
                      My reds won 1st place overall in 2004
                      At each show, first place gets 50 points
                      second place gets 30 points, third place gets 10 points

At the end of the show year all the points are totaled for each catagory
                      and the winners receive plaques

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I have 4 Red Devils, 3 Blood Parrots, 1 gold severum, 2 green severum, 1 firemouth, 2 red zebras, 1 green scat, 2 red scats, 1 bumble bee, 2 acei, 4 jack dempseys, 1 red terror, 2 flower horns, 2 ice blue zebras, 3 gold sunspot catfish, 1 armored catfish, 1 channel catfish, dozen plecos ( one albino), 1 mono, alot of blackand pink convicts, pearl gouramis, black ghost, etc...........

Oh, and fancy guppies.

Most of my cichlids are large and have great color.
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

I see a south american fan amongst us, there are a couple species there that I couldn't help but notice are missing. 1 is the Oscar, and 2 is the Green Terror. Those come to mind due to the overwhelming popularity of these fish in the hobby trade. I know there are plenty more not on the list, it just struck me as odd that these 2 would be missing. Here is a picture of my wifes little boy, only now, a year later he isn't so little anymore. He and his mate are both in the 10-12 inch range now.
                          Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Well, up till last year I had 3 oscars.  Raised them for a few years from babies till they were quite large, a bit bigger than yours above.  We traded them and a 25-26" red belly to a friend who owns a fish store for credit.  I like large fish, but at the time did not have the resources.  They were outgrowing the 55g they were in.  I moved them to a wider and taller tank after the 55g, I think a 75g, but finally traded them.  Green Terrors are nice, but I love my red terror, it is about the same size as your oscar.
                            Raul
                            PokerFace

Comment

well in my life i try to breed many fish, as far i remenber bettas,mollies,platies,guppies,angels,corys,and the list goes on.
                              but rigth now iam only bredding guppies, endlers,albino corys,and angels.
                              and i forget i have some goldfish im my tanks outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X